Monday, February 10, 2014

Does anyone read blogs anymore?

A number of years ago I used to blog a ton. You can still see my old blog, Norcalurban, here. I wrote there for about four years and chronicled important things like the opening of the credit union in East Palo Alto to the death of my friend Max Torres. When Max died I sort of lost steam and let the blog go dormant.

Lately, I've been feeling the need to write more. It might just be a passing fad like parachute pants and neon green shirts. Lately I've been growing restless and concerned about a number of things. Housing and gentrification, economic inequality, income disparity, immigration, mass incarceration... All of these are major issues that seem to be growing in intensity. These are important times. The last five years have seen seismic shifts in the American economy. We have lots to talk about.

So, here I am. Some weeks I'll blog a few times, other weeks not as all. I'll announce on Facebook and Twitter and through the Able website. Let me know your thoughts... if anyone reads blogs anymore...

1 comment:

  1. I read blogs still...and I look forward to reading yours. ;) I'm missing seeing you all at CCDA this week. Hope it is encouraging for you, and thought inspiring for your blog (so I can read about it).

    ReplyDelete